8/5/07

I WANT MORE!


A friend of mine sent this to me in Portuguese and I will translate it for you. When I read it, I felt it. I felt it in the gut and I knew that if I did not let myself feel it now, then I would certainly feel it tomorrow. I said to myself "I will feel this way", and then I did, I just did. It is puzzling, and at the same time, I'm free.I want more. I-W-A-N-T-M-O-R-E.


She wrote, "It's full of bargains out there, there is always somebody offering less in exchange for conformism. If you accept now, don't complain later; saying that it's not enough, blaming the world and being sour. Accept, desperately convincing yourself that if it wasn't for this, it would be nothing; that it's better to have something you can touch than the illusion of a tired mind. Accept with resignation, which is beautiful to see, and sad to feel.But if you are strong, if you have courage or if you lack common sense, say no, say you want more."


"NO, THANK YOU, I WANT MORE".


Your voice might shake, with a touch of uncertainty, like the voice of things that make no sense, like the voice of the unrecoverable. Then your eyes might even fill up with tears - but do not be afraid. The worst has passed and you have absolved yourself, and even if you end up naked, with nothing, at least in this one instance of refusal, you have given yourself the love that most will never even dream of receiving in this life. The love of those who believe themselves to be worthy of their dreams.


Patricia Davanzzo just completed her MBA degree at Stanford University, and is going to rule the film industry some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading the words of an amazing woman like Patricia is a wonderful reminder of the simple greatness inside of us and in front of us. Thank you for sharing

Lan said...

Hey, I wrote that... =)

And I am very happy you liked it! I also enjoyed your blog a lot...

When do you come back to Brazil for another hot afternoon walking through São Paulo streets with a video camera?

Cheers